Saturday, March 9, 2013

My How Time Flies!

As we gear up for the new market season I have committed myself to keeping this blog current. Of course, it has taken me an hour to figure out how to do that again! Google keeps changing things and when one does not keep up, well...you get the drift :). My other commitment is to figure out (or have my hubby show me) how to link all this social media stuff together so that my tweets and posts and things are all linked. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? I am really excited about this upcoming week. I am teaching a new class at Cooks 'n Corks in Coquitlam. This month's menu features Forstbaur Farms grilled beet and quinoa salad, Little Qualicum Cheese baked onion cheese dip, Redl's jambalaya, Port Hardy Seafoods hazelnut crusted sole and Snowy Mountain Organics maple pear parfaits. Most of my ingredients will come from the Port Moody Winter market this sunday. I am temporarily working as the assistant market manager and loving every minute of it.

This new market season will hopefully find me spreading KICS wings and heading out to Abbotsford and into Vancouver to spread KICS joy. In the meantime, you can find me at the Port Moody Rec Centre every other Sunday. And since kale is starting to show up at market, here is a recipe that makes use of it, and KICS of course!


PASTA WITH FRESH KALE AND LEMON

3 Cups                       kale, ribbed and chopped into ribbons
½                                onion, finely chopped
2                                  cloves garlic, finely minced
1 tbsp                                    olive oil
½ c                             KICS Lemonade Syrup
1 cup                          ricotta cheese
8 oz                            pasta
                                    Fresh ground pepper, salt to taste

Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain pasta and place in a large bowl, reserving 2 cups pasta water. While pasta is cooking, sauté  kale, onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until kale is wilted, 5 to 8 minutes. Add kale mixture to bowl of pasta. Add KICS  syrup to frying pan, and heat through. Add to pasta, thinning sauce with pasta water as necessary. Season with salt and LOTS of fresh ground pepper.

Serves 4-6

No comments:

Post a Comment