Sunday, March 18, 2012

New Market Recipe

Happy Market Day Everyone!

I had a fabulous day at the Coquitlam Winter Market. My friend Dyanna and I shared a table. She sells the most amazing condiment called "AJI". It defies description. Some say it is a salsa, some say its a relish, I say its delicious and I wouldn't make my meatloaf without it. In honour of our pairing today, I made a new quinoa salad using KICS and AJI in the dressing. It was a hit!! We handed out samples all day and everyone enjoyed it. So...here is the recipe.

1 c quinoa
1 c chicken stock and 3/4 c water.
Cook the quinoa in the liquid, set aside to cool.

Meanwhile, make the dressing.

1/3 c olive oil
1/3 c KICS Lemonade Syrup
4 tbsp original AJI
1/2 tsp fleur de sel with herbs d'provence
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 clove minced garlic.
Combine the above ingredients and set aside.

When the quinoa is cool, combine it with about half the dressing and whatever chopped veggies you have on hand. I used spinach, red pepper, tomato, red onion, grated carrot and asparagus. Add more dressing if needed.

I thought any left over dressing was tasty enough to make a marinade too, or just drizzled over some new spring greens with a bit of feta. Maybe I will make that for the next market! You will have to come and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment